I stay at a lot of Garden Inns and this one was typical - perhaps even "below average" by HGI standards. Desk staff was efficient but not over friendly. Room was fine - clean, functioning and typical of Garden Inn. Lobby clean.
Here are some ways this ranked below other HGI's:
*One computer in the business center. Most have 2 or 3.
*TERRIBLE coffee, both in the room and in the dining lounge. Most HGI serve Starbucks. This hotel's coffee needs major improvement.
*Breakfast Host/Server was quite lackluster. He really did nothing other than greet me from across the room. I ordered my own omelet and the cook brought it to my table. I poured my own coffee. Really this guy did nothing. Most HGI breakfast staff are more helpful and friendly.
Location was convenient and there are many places to eat nearby, so that's a plus. Also a Target and Walmart very close if you need something. So, I would stay here again, mostly due to location and in general I like Hilton Garden Inn (though I'll bring my own coffee next time)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Hilton Gainesville
- Gainesville Hilton Garden Inn
- Gainesville Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville Florida
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.