This hotel which I have stayed at in the past, is in a great location close to the beaches of Ponte Vedra, Neptune/Atlantic Beaches and Jacksonville Beach (not impressive) Service and cleanliness at hotel and staff seem to be right on target. Morning breakfast was definitely continental plus (continuously replinished , fresh and served in a comfortable lobby area. Freshly baked afternoon chocolate chip cookies are abundant every afternoon. Outdoor pool is less than average (very small) but exercise room is adequate. One computer is available for guests use (somwhat inadequate for a hotel of this size). The hotel is surrounded by plenty of shops and restaurants which you can easily walk to(Stonegrill Tavern is steps away). What then is my "big down"? Unfortunately, during our two night stay, guests in the adjourning room were cigar aficionados. On day 2, the smell of cigar smoke permeated the halls and seeped into our room.We alerted the front desk staff, and she graciously told us she would spray the area. I explained that I was asthmatic and that if the odor persisted, that I'd have a problem. She did offer to change our room, but it was late afternoon, we were on our way out, and said we would just have to see how it was when we returned that evening. The staff member did immediately go and spray the hall area and it temporarily did mask the odor. However, upon returning later that evening, the cigar smokers were at it again, and the hallways reeked of the smell of cigars. Exhausted, we entered our room to sleep as we had a flight the next day (the odor in our room was not as potent as that in the hall). As I was about to fall asleep, the front desk staff called to inquire how I was?. My husband said I was about to fall asleep. That was very thoughtful of the staff to inquire, however my point is, smoking is prohibited in the hotel, so why is the no smoking rule not enforced!!! Spraying the halls to cover up the smell sends a message that it is okay to break the law. Why is the hotel guest who is in violation not confronted? I know this can be difficult, but it can be done(it was very obvious which room had the smokers). Other paying guests who are following the no smoking rules are being inconvenienced while the offenders are not being challenged to obey the rules. This, I believe, is a situation which needs to be addressed. Had this incident not occurred, I would highly recommend this hotel, however this incident did leave "a bad smell"
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Ponte Vedra Beach Mayo Clinic Se Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Hampton Inn Ponte Vedra Beach Mayo Clinic Se Hotel
- Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Jacksonville-Ponte Vedra Beach is located just one half mile from Jacksonville Beach, four miles from the TPC Sawgrass Golf Course and 3 miles from the world renowned Mayo Clinic. we are also near Jacksonville area attractions like The beaches, nightlife and The Jacksonville Zoo.Our hotel features 117 rooms, including Jacuzzi rooms, business and fitness centers and outdoor pool. Each room is equipped with 32" flat screen televisions, microwave and refrigerator and high speed internet access.We look forward to having you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Hilton Hotels and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.