My husband and I recently got back from a four night stay at the Hyatt, and for the most part, were pleased with our choice of Key West hotel. We arrived early in the afternoon, and despite having requested an early check in, our room wasn't ready. We were told we would be called when our room was ready, and a couple of hours after no phone call, we returned to find out that our phone number wasn't "saved" in their computer system.
Nonetheless, we were for the most part happy with our room. The room itself was average for a Hyatt, but the bathroom was incredible! Plenty of space for both my husband and I to get ready, and the shower was amazing! We opted to upgrade to an ocean view room, which we were very pleased with, especially given the more negative comments on TripAdvisor about the smaller rooms closer to the elevators that lack a view and noise barrier. The only negative we experienced with our room was the cleanliness of the floor - I don't think it was ever mopped before our arrival or once while we were there. My husband and I had to wear sandals immediately after showering because of the amount of dirt on the floor.
We ate breakfast at Shor once, which was tasty and offered us plenty of food for what I consider average hotel food prices. You certainly can't beat the view from Shor, or any other outdoor spot at the hotel. We spent a couple of afternoons at the pool, and despite the small pool area were lucky in that we always found two chairs together. This didn't appear to be the case for everybody, and I would recommend that management implement a similar chair monitoring system that we witnessed at the Hyatt in Maui last summer. This would help alleviate guests saving chairs for hours without being physically present at the pool or pool bar.
The best thing going for the Hyatt is most definitely its location. It is very close to the action and restaurants on Duval Street, and the best of Key West is all within walking distance. We definitely appreciated that our view from the pool or our room balcony wasn't ever blocked by the cruise ships, which seemed to be the case for other Front Street hotels.
All in all, we were certainly pleased with our choice of Key West hotel, especially when we compared the Hyatt's location and features to the other hotels in the area. Just a couple of minor adjustments from management would have made our stay even better.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Key West Hotel Key West
- Hyatt Key West Resort
- Hyatt Key West
- Key West Hyatt
- Hyatt Key West Resort Marina
- Hyatt Key West Resort And Spa Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico with an small intimate beach and within walking distance of prime shops and attractions, Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa is a year-round resort housing 118 spacious rooms. Water activities abound, including parasailing, snorkeling, jet boats and waverunning from the hotel’s marina and sunset cruises and dive trips. An on-site StayFit@Hyatt exercise center, new Jala Spa facility, pool and private sunbathing beach areas and dock provide additional recreation. Bicycle and scooter rentals are also available. The full-service restaurant, SHOR American Seafood Grill, offers indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, while ample meeting space, including an expansive banquet room, make the resort ideal for conferences and destination events. The Blue Mojito Bar & Grill offers light bites, a variety of cocktails and beverages and the best sunset view in town. A $10 million renovationwas completed in Fall 2007 and has brought a fresh and stylish, modern aesthetic to the resort’s classic Key West charm, transforming the property into a “tropical modern” experience through its elegant integration of architecture, interiors and landscapes. Soothing, luminous colors punctuated by bold detailing impart an intimate spa-like quality throughout, supported by organic materials such as porcelain, bamboo, glass tile and stone. Both private and public spaces across the resort have been transformed, including all 118 guestrooms, the lobby, the pool area with three all-new white-canvas spa cabanas and the newly dubbed Blue Mojito Pool Bar & Grill and SHOR American Seafood Grill. The redesign has also introduced the all-new Jala Spa facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Venere, Travelocity, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.