The Ramada Inn Gateway was a less than stellar experience for us. While most reviews are commenting about the tower, we stayed in the bulk of the rest of the hotels rooms located behind the tower. Those rooms are an open rail system double stacked. The room we were in smelled moldy. The bathroom had spiders and their eggs in it while our dresser had ants in them. And, although we did not pay much for the hotel room, there are certain levels of hygiene you expect when staying at a hotel no matter what the cost. One of those issues is the lack of presence of bugs and insects.
The hotel has two pools. Most of them were cloudy, but that was expected on memorial day weekend. The hotels doors do not close, so many of the guest kept them propped open while partying outside. Of course, with a pane of glass separating the outside from the room, needless to say we heard conversations throughout the whole night.
A tip in terms of location. It is close to Disney; however to get on West Irlo Bronson take a lot of turns and fighting of traffic as the hotel is off a service road that only allows right turns.
There is a lot to do at this resort; however, the reason it got two stars was the presence of bugs and the noise level of people leaving their door open and partying right outside their room. I personally would not stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee
- Ramada Kissimmee Gateway Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Univesal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Oulets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Olotels, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.