This hotel is a hidden gem (that I am hesitant to share). We live in Miami and regularly stay at the Sagamore with our two young boys for long-weekend getaways. We also stay at top-notch hotels in Aspen, NYC, LA, Vegas, etc. We love the "Art Hotel" for a number of reasons:
1) It is a great value for the money - the rooms are not inexpensive, but the size and comfort for the price cannot be beaten, especially for beachfront property;
2) It is a small, quiet, stylish hotel in the middle of the South Beach scene - within walking distance of everything;
3) The staff - everyone from the doorman to the pool staff to the wait staff to the management makes you feel welcome with a smile and a "what can I do?" attitude. You can tell from just looking around the pool, that every guest is happy and well-attended to. I did not meet or see anyone who was unhappy (at least at the hotel) during our stay;
4) The food is great. Breakfast in the room or lunch and drinks by the pool. (The tuna crudo is a tip for lunch orders);
5) We just feel comfortable here and we love the international mix of the clientele - families, couples, and singles.
I will say though, that if you are looking for a hotel with nightlife in the lobby, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a place to come home to at the end of the night and chill and/or to relax by the pool or on the beach during the day, there is no better place for you on SoBe...
The bungalows are worth the extra $$$, especially if you are planning on entertaining in your room...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
28 March 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experiences that you have had here at Sagamore. We are delighted that you continue to have great stays when traveling to our property.
We take pride in the number of repeat guests that we have here it serves as an example of our staff's hard work and dedication to making each and every guest truly feel special.
We again thank you for your loyalty to our property and will be awaiting you and your family's next stay here with us.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC