We spent 8 days in April. This is one of our favorite beach areas and the grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Pools were very well kept and there are so many you could always get privacy, even during spring break week. There were always towels and great service at the beach. It got busy around noon so go a little early if you are picky about your beach spot.
The staff are very friendly and accomodating whenever you need something. We took teen agers and they enjoyed biking everywhere and the ice-cream on the north end. There are plenty of local activities. We went para-sailing and rented Kayaks. We mostly ate at local places in Captiva or bought shrimp from a market in Sanibel.
At the prices however, we expected the rooms to be somewhat on the luxuary side. I think they do have some this way for sure, but we didn't realize many rooms had individual owners. Ours was not the cleanest, out of date, and hard to regulate room temperatures and water temperatures. The resort was very concerned when we noted this on their survey, but short of renovation and new buildings, there is not much that can be done. They do clean everyday which was great.
It was good to be able to cook in the room and the view on the Marina side, if you are facing the open water, was better then our friends had with a more costly ocean front.
The internet is spotty and you can't rely on it. This was true of several different locations at the resort. The resort charges you a daily fee for this, yet they don't service the internet so you have to call the local ISP.
If you like wildlife and a little quiet but amazing beaches, this is the perfect spot.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Hotel
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Resort
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas, cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa with two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grille and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.