Well I will start by saying that I received a great deal for this hotel via Priceline and can not complain about that. In the same breath, however, I have to comment that it was a stretch referring to this hotel as a 'resort' and charging guests a $11-$12 fee to use the lackluster amenities. I appreciate the fact that they provide a business center, low level arcade, make shift movie theater, poolside children's games, shuttle to parks etc... but not nearly worth the price tag they applied. To further elaborate, the gentleman hosting the poolside activities needs to find a new and refreshed day job because his excitement and interaction with the children was less than stellar. I could tell immediately when his patience had worn thin because the sarcasm and shortness shined bright. In addition, the shuttle service was OK at best and can use a revamp as the times to/from the parks was far and few in between.
Moving on to the room itself, we had a third floor 2-Queen facing the parking lot so the view was 'eh'. It was really quiet and the room's cleanliness was about a 7 out of 10. I would have given it more but our room was not cleaned during our second night so no fresh towels, trash service, bed refresh....
All in all, I basically got what I paid for and given the opportunity to do it all over again, I would fork over more dollars to stay at an upscale hotel/resort where the "resort fee" was justifiable.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Orlando, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort® Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World® area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World®, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, playground, basketball court, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees® located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area’s plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.