We flew down to Orlando via Jetblue, and picked up our rental car from Hertz. The drive to the Yacht Club was easy and pretty fast. When pulling in to any of Disney's Hotels you first come to a security guard check point. The guard checked out ID and pulled up our information and welcomed us by name. We then pulled up to the Valet Station where we were welcomed again, given a valet ticket, and had our luggage taken for us. Throughout our stay the Valet Team was wonderful. They would offer us waters for our ride, open our doors, and were always speedy. Kristin from South Dakota welcomed us and showed us to the Concierge Level Lounge where we would be checked in. Kristin also offered us a beverage while we were seated.
Eric from San Juan checked us in and was very friendly, efficient, and warm. We originally booked a Concierge Level Garden View room. Requests can be made when booking but are not guaranteed. We did request a King Bed room. We didn't get our King Bed but we were upgraded to a Concierge Level Room with a Lagoon View 5145. Yay! The room had an entrance way, separate bath (tub and toilet), his and her sinks, chest of drawers with a Cuisinart coffee maker, large closet, 2 queen beds, a daybed, desk and chair, large shelf, flat screen TV, a nightstand, and a full balcony with a wonderful view. There were two downsides to the room. The first was that it was a connecting room so we were able to hear our guests next door. The second problem was a loud knocking sound that would come from the tub pipework.
The Concierge Lounge was terrific although I do agree with others that the Animal Kingdom Lodge Lounge was better. For breakfast the offerings were:
Fruit (Cantaloupe, Melon, Pineapple)
Boiled Eggs with a touch of dill
3 varieties of Cereal
Coffee, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Milk, Chocolate Milk, Tea
We never made it to snack time but for hors d'oeuvre's the offerings we had were:
Brie en Croute
Cheese in Phyllo
Cheese and Crackers
Artichoke and Proscuitto Salad
Coke, Ginger Ale, Diet Soda, Lemonade, Iced Tea, 2 varieties of red wine, 2 varieties of white wine, and a selection of beers.
We did peek in during desserts but nothing really caught our interest.
After 10 p.m the lounge is closed but you can still find:
Yogurt Covered Pretzels
Variety of Sodas
Our experience with check out was easy. The day before we checked out we asked to see our bill. There was a small discrepancy because of Valet Parking but it was taken care of with no problem. We were emailed our final bill around 4 am on the day of check out and everything was accurate. We called down at 11 for luggage assistance and our car and headed off to the Orlando International Airport.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht Club
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a lakeside Disney Deluxe Resort featuring lush landscaping and the formal grace of a grand New England yacht club. Designed by architect Robert A.M. Stern—known for his East Coast beach houses—this splendid 5-story Resort transports Guests to the summertime Shingle Style hotels of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.