I've been to Disney World three times and I love staying at either the Port Orleans - French Quarter or the Riverside. The French Quarter was my first experience and it made a lasting impression.
It certainly helped that we made the trip with childhood friends who live in Florida and frequent Disney World three and four times a year. They certainly know their way around and they highly recommended the French Quarter to us.
The facility is remarkable. The processing in was thorough. I could see that this facility knew how to process and move people in an excellent manner. Our room was everything we could have wanted. Even the walk from the check in to our room was delightful in the French quarter setting of the facility.
We enjoyed the convenience of taking the Disney buses to the various theme parks. Talk about consideration for the handicapped. I was impressed!. At the end of the day the swim in th pool was refreshing and seeing all the different nationalities was (lets just call it) interesting.
The dining room for the French Quarter was okay. By that I mean the mean was good and the service was as best as it could be. The selections were limited but hey....I know this was not the finest dining experience I could have gotten. Our second evening my wife and I opted to take the ferry boat to Disney Village (?) and have a meal in one of the many finer restaurants there. The Disney Village is a wonderful place to go to get away from all the "children".
I have also stayed at the Port Orleans - Riverside and I must tell you I do like it better. The grounds are wonderful to walk around and I will urge you to look down when you walk. The dining at the Riverside was better than the French Quarter but the walk to the buses might be longer than they were at the French Quarter. Hey Its beautiful Florida weather and after the winter up North where we came from I'm not complaining about walking in warmth and sunshine.
If I found myself not able to stay at the Riverside I would not hesitate to stay at the French Quarter. But either way the best experience with Disney World is staying right on the grounds itself. It is ever so much more convenient with all the little perks that it gives you.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Port Orleans
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.