I'll start off with the good. The harbor and pool were nice.
Now the bad. First, the room was far below average. Besides being 10 miles away from everything (pool, parking, lobby , etc), there were many signs of neglect and shoddy repairs. Sink and tub drains were very slow. There was paint on the mirror, and anything that was attached to the walls. As if they didnt use making tape before painting. Shower control was missing, hadto stick my finger in a hole to activate shower. Door lock latch was barely held on with screws that were very loose. Cant remember all the issues of room. No balcony, very basic for just under $300 a night. Outlets in bathroom tripped. Had to call twice for them to reset breaker. Room was not up to par.
Second, the rest of the hotel structure was cheaply constructed. The facade is literally made from sheetrock/durock and some faux paint. From a distance it looked ok but up close you can see the seams coming apart and all the screwheads popping. Very poorly made. Of course they were doing construction on our wing. Guess what kind of work. You got it, fixing all the screw pops and painting. Probably gonna have to do it every couple of years. What a joke.
Third, what a rip-off. They charge you for everything and prices are ridiculous. $17 a day to park $25 for valet.....i said a day. $10 a day for wifi. Can you believe that? It seems the more you pay for a room the less you get. No freebies, breakfast or anything. Portofino rots. They have a small refrigerator in the room stocked with stuff you must pay for if you take it. $4 for a regular sized snickers bar. At least put your label on it and tell me its your creation. Brazin rip-off. $7 for a litre of water. Very insulting. Dont waste your money. Go to the Sheridan Vistana villages for half the price and get an emaculate two bedroom condo with 3 tvs, hot tub, balcony, full kitchen and laundry plus a lot more.
On the way home from Orlando we stopped off at a Country Inn hotel for $79 a night. Room was emaculate. A tad smaller than Portofino but super clean. Full breakfast included. No joke.
In a nut shell, stay away from Loews Portofino Bay. Also, they know nothing about the Italian language or culture. Disgraziate!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Bay Hotel
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando
- Portofino Bay
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate la dolce vita — the sweet life — at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®. Located at Universal Orlando® Resort, this luxurious hotel re-creates the charm and romance of the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy, right down to the cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes. Hotel guests enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring authentic Italian furnishings, impeccable and attentive service, an opulent spa, three themed swimming pools and exceptional dining. Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including: * Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required)* Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time * And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.