The staff at this property are eager to please - from the bellhops and wait staff to the boat captains and concierge - all were welcoming and deferential. The room was spacious and the bathroom enormous. We slept in total comfort. The grounds and public areas are well-kept and lovely. My only complaint is that some amenities such as computer access and a fridge, which would be complimentary at your average hotel/motel, are not included in the high price of a room while other services, such as poolside snacks, are outrageously overpriced. (I suppose that is what one should expect from a luxury hotel, though it is still annoying to not "get what you paid for")
Having stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom on our last Orlando visit, I would say that this is definitely on par. If you are planning to do the Universal Parks, this is the hotel I would choose - no question about it. The express pass and location would make it worthwhile, even aside from the fact that the hotel is luxuriously appointed and beautiful.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Bay Hotel
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando
- Portofino Bay
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate la dolce vita — the sweet life — at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®. Located at Universal Orlando® Resort, this luxurious hotel re-creates the charm and romance of the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy, right down to the cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes. Hotel guests enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring authentic Italian furnishings, impeccable and attentive service, an opulent spa, three themed swimming pools and exceptional dining. Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including: * Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required)* Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time * And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.