First off, this place is really really nice. Bell hop service takes a lot of stress off of me. Most importantly they are pet friendly. This place has a nice upscale feel at the price of a lot of lesser quality hotels. Location is perfect. place is super clean and safe. Beautiful pool and workout facilities.
My only gripe is, as our second time staying here in the last few months, we found that the upgraded room (top 2 floor access) was actually less of a room and view than the lesser grade room. Last time we were halfway up, on the side of the pool and a view of the Epcot fireworks, with a nice private balcony. This time I upgraded for a better view, paid more and got a view of the parking garage, no balcony and no view of the fireworks. When I asked about this, I was told that the upgrade rooms had access to a super nice private lounge with a view of Epcot. The lounge was in fact nice (but basic. Chairs, tables and a tv), and had access to a shared balcony for those on the floor. One problem, the first night a party of 12 people reserved the room all evening until after illuminations. What frustrated me was I was not told. I went in with my four year old son and about halfway into the room noticed all eyes on me. I politely asked for how to access the balcony and if I was even in the right spot. Quickly a nice employee informed me the room was reserved and I would have to leave. I was embarrassed and upset since my son was unable to see the show that night after I built it up to him. After we finally got,to the balcony the next night we realized space is limited when everyone else has the same idea. First off there's no view of "Epcot", just Illuminate actions from tree level and higher. You won't see Spaceship Earth. So, what does the upgrade get you? The same exact rooms, no balcony unless you are lucky (as I was told), and a view of the fireworks (IF) the room is not reserved. Not bei g notified when booking the week before was not cool when I made reservations directly on the phone and specifically told them I wanted to see the fireworks. You're better off reserving a lower room and trying to get a balcony.
Other than this the staffs amazing. Great facility. Its beautiful.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from each of the Walt Disney World® Resort parks and only a few miles from Universal Studios,® SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer, the hotel is nestled on woodlands and part of the Bonnet Creek Resorts area. The resort is surrounded on each side by the Walt Disney World® Resort and is just off Epcot Drive, providing easy access to Interstate 4 and the Osceola Parkway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.