As I entered the elevator to go to my 4th floor room I smelled what I originally thought was natural gas or later I thought it might be sewer gas – when I got to my room and sat on the couch I smelled it rather strong so I called the front desk and asked if this problem had been reported and the girl on the desk said no -- so I asked if an engineer could come up to the room with some air freshener. She asked if I wanted to change rooms and I said I would wait to hear what the engineer said.
The problem occurred when one hour later I called the front desk again to ask if the engineer might be coming soon? She replied “oh we heard all you wanted was for someone to go up there and our engineer went down your hall and didn’t smell anything.” I asked her why no one called to let me know and she quickly signed off. I sat there on the couch looking at my still-packed bags and the now-cold meal I had left in the packaging – all in case I had to move I would not have left a housekeeping issue.
No air freshner nor any follow up was ever received.
This hotel is fine for the money and a convenient location but I would not be able to recommend this property based on this experience. Other TripAdvisor reviews mentioned the GM by name so I sent her a quick email just to let her know of the incident and received a nice but rather standard reply.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel Plantation
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel
- Residence Inn Plantation
- Plantation Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation was recently renovated and features the ideal amenities to make it the perfect extended stay Fort Lauderdale hotel. Conveniently located off I-595, this Plantation hotel is just 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ports. Guests staying at this hotel also appreciate the close proximity to travel destinations such as the BB&T Center, Sun Life Stadium, and downtown Miami. The renovated lobby offers comfy seating, a flat-screen TV, and a complimentary breakfast buffet offering a variety of fruits, cereals, and entrees including Belgian waffles. The spacious guest rooms offer all the amenities to make you feel at home including, free WiFi, Flat-Screen HD TVs, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Guests love to maintain their active lifestyle by playing tennis or basketball on the sports court, getting their work out in on the road in the fitness center, and soaking in the Florida sun at the outdoor pool. Local travel is easy with the free shuttle service, making this the perfect Fort Lauderdale/Plantation Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.