It was my mothers birthday and I decided to come down for a visit. The location was perfect for me because it is right off of U.S 19 and was close to where my mother lives yet not that much of a drive from Tampa International. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous with the waterfall over the pool. In fact they have 2 pools, and one of them is heated. They also have a great lounge area outside with a grill, chairs, and a jacuzzi! They even have a putting green! I have never seen one at a hotel before. I really enjoyed the work out area as well. It is loaded! This was a huge plus for me because I work out regularly and usually most hotels don't have weights. But this Homewood's weight room was perfect!
The decore and look of this Homewood is very modern and clean. The breakfast staff were wonderful and the front desk staff were very accomodating and friendly. They were especially welcoming to my dogs. They even left treats in my room when they cleaned it! You will love the rooms which are like apartments. I reserved a King Suite but asked for a double queen just because I rather sleep in a queen and again the front desk staff were extremely accomodating.
The cool thing about this Homwood too is that it is pet friendly. You are allowed up to 2 dogs with a max weight of 75 lbs. The fee is 75.00 and you just have to bring vet records (shots etc.) but that is nothing compared to what other hotels charge. This was ideal for me because I have 2 small dogs (Frenchie and Cardigan Corgi) and I bring them with me almost everywhere. It was especially nice to be allowed to eat with them at breakfast. The front desk staff asked Robert, the GM, and he said it was ok as long as they had their service dog papers and jackets on for identification. He also understood that Frenchie's don't like the heat so it was nice that as a fellow dog owner himself he understood where I was coming from. Real stand-up guy!
If you want to save some money and yet be close to Tampa (and even Orlando it is about 2-3 hours away) then this is the place. You are near the water, a mall, and off of main routes that take you to other cities.
Great hotel, really enjoyed it!
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tampa-Port Richey Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tampa-Port Richey Hotel Port Richey
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tampa-Port Richey Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel closer to home whether you're traveling for a few nights or a few months. At Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tampa/Port Richey every spacious suite features enough space for work or relaxation plus a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, two-burner stove dishwasher and microwave oven and complimentary wireless internet. You'll also enjoy our complimentary Suite Start® hot breakfast every morning and Welcome Home® Reception with a complimentary meal and beverages Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.