Spent 4 nights in February, we prepaid through Hilton website and saved 20% on an executive floor room, then bought an online upgrade for an extra $19 per night for mini suite (not sure if it was worth it). Arrived 9pm, hotel is very easy drive from Tampa Airport. No line at check in and there was a dedicated spot for Hilton Honors Members. I asked if we were able to get a balcony room (from reading TA), but none were available on that floor. Room was large clean and almost seemed like it didn’t have enough furniture in it. Mini suite comes with pull out sofa and coffee table but could have easily fit another sofa and chair. I think next time I would take a smaller king room if it had a balcony. We had view of parking lot, views on lake are much better. Elevators are extremely fast, lobby is big and comfortable and even the restrooms in the lobby were noticeably nice and always clean.
We like Hilton executive floors for the Concierge Lounge. Plenty of seats, breakfast had both hot and cold selections including eggs, bacon, sausage and hot oatmeal, coffee was great. Evening cocktail hour good with hors d’oeuvres, and they have honor bar set up. I had expected the lounge to be closed on weekends but this one stays open 7 days a week! In fact it’s also open throughout the day so if you want a free newspaper, bottle of water or a cold soda its available.
Pool is very nice but needs more lounge chairs. I know the hotel is mainly a business hotel, which is why we stayed here, we knew pool would never get crowded. I ordered takeaway lunch twice from Luna, to eat at pool, food was good price was reasonable and everything was nicely packed into a shopping bag. The path around the lake is a great place to walk or run. We were attending college swimming meet in nearby Clearwater, our kid got to stay with us for 2 nights, she said pull out was comfortable and liked having a quick breakfast at the lounge every morning instead of typically having to go downstairs to the restaurant at other hotels.
Customer service at front desk was fine, at restaurant was very good and the staff working on the concierge lounge were the best. We did have some housekeeping issues as room wasn’t done until late in the afternoon every day, and sometimes things like bathmats and soap were forgotten but since the hotel was full it’s forgivable. Plenty of restaurants a 2 minute car ride away at every price point. Check out was 11am, Honors members get late check-out if available, we were able to stay until after 2pm (thank you Hilton Honors). We will stay here again next year.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park Hotel
- Hilton St Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park St. Petersburg, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Carillon Nature Reserve, the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park offers guests comfortable accommodations for your business or leisure stay. Unwind in our heated outdoor infinity pool or state-of-the-art fitness center. Our over 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space is ideal for your next business meeting, wedding, or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.