Stayed 3 nights here in March 2012 as part of a week-long trip to Florida. If you reserve through Hilton.com, you can request an upgrade of your room if space is available or if there's a last-minute cancellation (you pay more, of course, but not as much as if you reserved the better room in advance). I lucked out and got upgraded to a Junior Suite with a balcony which was very nice. The bed was comfortable. Though I was there on vacation, the room had a small conference table that seated four which would be good for business travelers to have private meetings. There was an in-room fridge, and there were two TV's - one in the living area and one in the bedroom. One thing I especially liked was the fact that these were HDTV's with actual HD channels. A lot of hotels put in HD sets and then give you nothing but SD channels (like the hotel I stayed at in Key West just before I came here). Housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean.
The grounds were very nice. There are plenty of walkways surrounding the adjacent lake and lots of wildlife to see (alligators, turtles, birds, etc.). The hotel is very close to I-275 and other major highways in St. Pete. It's actually closer to Clearwater, though.
My only gripe about this property is that its restaurant (Luna) could use some work. The food was fine, but service needs some work. On my first night there the waitress walked past my table several times until finally the host came over and took my dinner order! There were also a couple of mix-ups on my breakfast order (like getting coffee when I ordered tea). And I got ice in my apple juice that I ordered with breakfast which was strange.
I stayed in room 515, and would stay here again.
Good restaurants: Antonio's Pasta Grill is very close by and offers huge portions. I also ate at the Columbia restaurant on the Pier which had awesome Spanish & Cuban food.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park Hotel
- Hilton St Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park St. Petersburg, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Carillon Nature Reserve, the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park offers guests comfortable accommodations for your business or leisure stay. Unwind in our heated outdoor infinity pool or state-of-the-art fitness center. Our over 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space is ideal for your next business meeting, wedding, or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.