We just got back from a wonderful 4 night stay at the Sundial for a little Thanksgiving vacation. We could not have asked for a better place to stay and relax! Our condo was in building J, with a great view and all the amenities a family of 5 could ask for! With the full kitchen, we had the options of eating out at a restaurant, or just staying in and cooking something up ourselves. We were also close to the main pool, where all the action took place (including a visit from the pilgrims on Thanksgiving! ;-) )
We did try a few excursions, but all three boys preferred to hang out at the resort. By paying a $30 a day resort fee, we had towels, beach chairs, bikes and kayaks (which we couldn't use because our little one), sand toys, balls, etc. all at our disposal. The pool area was clean and very family friendly, including a fun little shell water-slide. We could even bring inflatables in the pool, which added extra fun. My boys also enjoyed partaking in the kids activities and crafts, which included making shell bracelets, sand bottles, and racing hermit crabs! The men running these activities were so friendly, my little guy loved goofing around with them.
To top off all the great amenities this resort had to offer, all the staff were super friendly and helpful. From the people at the front desk to those who cleaned around the resort, we were always greeted with a smile!
After our stay, my husband and I (along with the kids) agreed we must return to the Sundial! We also think it would be a wonderful place to have our extended family meet and stay for a family getaway!
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Resort & Spa Sanibel Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most complete resort, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand beach between your toes, take a refreshing swim in our blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's five pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, tennis courts, kayaks, bikes and an array of fun family activities by the pool. One- and two-bedroom Residences feature options for views and amenities and conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. The variety of dining venues are sure to please, offering indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selection. Sea Breeze Café offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair. You’ll also enjoy the new poolside eatery, Turtle's Beach & Pool Bar, serving up delicious signature drinks and dishes. Waterview provides the perfect private dining and event space, with ample space and spectacular Gulf views out of the floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.