We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the July 4th weekend and with the Offshore Powerboat Racing being in town, the hotel was the cheapest by a long way.
Due to past reviews, we were a little skeptical and yes they are correct, this place just needs a little bit of attention. i.e a fresh coat of paint in places..
Check-in was good, the rooms larger than we imagined, containing a fridge, microwave and TV (not flat screen or HD though, (if you are bothered about that sort of thing)
The beds were very comfortable, the pillows quite soft and the bathroom ok, nothing special but it was clean. The pool area was nice also.
The location of this hotel is excellent though, with it being a short and cheap taxi ride to main st, and Lido and Siesta Beaches..
All in all, if you use this hotel knowing its a 1 star then expect just that..
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Sarasota
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Sarasota Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Sarasota
- Americas Best Value Inn Sarasota, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is clean and comfortable not fancy but in a great location in downtown Sarasota. 4 miles to the award winning Seasta Key beach, 3 miles to St. Armonds Circle, and 4 miles to Lido Key beach. All local attractions including Ringling Museum of Art, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Mote Aquarium and Hundreds of restaurants are less than 5 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Vantage Hospitality, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.