Stayed at this property again for another 8 days in April 2012. Overall, the access to the beach was great. Apart from that, there is no value for the cost per night.
Pros: (i) The units are large, with enough space for 4-6 people to comfortably enjoy. We were three adults and used up the two bedrooms plus the pull out sofabed in the den. It was great to be able to prepared our own meals and enjoy the meals with delicious wines, especially on the balcony. Don't think we used the dining table at all.
(ii) All the staff who do valet parking are amazingly obliging, professional and courteous. They were the shining light of the property and out stay.
Cons: (i) There is no housekeeping service. The daily towel change is hit and miss (with many days when the stand don't leave enough hand towels, face towels, bath towels or toilet paper). It's as if they forget what to do every morning and like every morning is a new routine for the staff. Horribly inconsistent service for this minimum amount of work. And you have to call every morning for the unit to be made up, otherwise you may come back later in the day and find that they beds are not made and the towels not changed.
(ii) We only got one day when housekeeping was suppose to do a thorough cleaning of the unit. They didn't. In fact the carpets were not vacuumed, the floors swept minimally, the table and counter tops not cleaned or wiped, and the bathrooms cleaned minimally. If it sound like I'm being let, it's because they property charges a significant amount for very little service. Hence, this is the only daily service they you'd get at this property and should therefore be the best thing they do. Not the least!
(iii) The grounds are well maintained but very much on your own. Don't expect to have pool service or towel service at the beach. Yu will be directed where to pick up towels and to join the staff at the pool bar. The only time you will get service at the pool is if you order food. In my humble experience, at other properties of similar costs, you would usually have staff setting tags up for you, bringing complimentary ice creams or cold face towels. Not here. Don't get me wrong, when you do encounter staff, they are polite, but usually to tell you politely where to get things for yourself.
(iv) Becasue it was April, the property was not busy. In fact, they may have only been 40-50% occupancy, if at all. Of course this is unstandable as it is not holiday periods for kids. However, because of the low occupancy, services and staff numbers were also very low. So low that sometimes it was easier to do things yourself (keep in mind, if I were paying half the daily rate, I would not be complaining). This leads to contact with staff who seemed challenged when asked for anything. Not good for guest relations.
(v) Check in and check out is not easy. Staff (and in particular, Cynthia) are professional but lacking any guest relation skills. They will smile, listen to you, and assist where possible. However, they also make it clear that they are doing you a favor, that this is beyond what they usually do, that they try to make things work but really, you are making it inconvenient for them. Wow. This was definitely the deal breaker for us!
Overall, a very poor repeat experience of coming and staying here. Don't think that we will be returning again. There are so many better properties around and in the area. If you choose to stay here, please lower your expectations of service. Yu only get the large unit, access to the beach and a very small pool (that feels intimate when 3-4 people are in it).
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, a Hyatt Residence Club Hotel Siesta Key
- Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, a Hyatt Residence Club Hotel
- Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the new standard of vacation ownership at Hyatt Siesta Key Beachn- A Hyatt Residence Club, just minutes away from the art and cultural hub of Sarasota, Florida. The beachfront residences provide superior amenities, luxurious accommodations and unparalleled service. Spend the day on the beach or poolside in a private cabana. Watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico from your private terrace or the beachfront firepit. The surrounding environment provides endless opportunities for fishing, boating, water sports or simply relaxing. Escape to Siesta Key Beach and experience the luxury, lifestyle and location for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.