We stayed at the Suncoast from June 13-21. We have been to Treasure Island many times over the years, and we like to stay somewhere different each time. We just love these "Mom and Pop" places, both for their price and their charm. The Suncoast was a great decision. Just a couple hundred meters down from Central Avenue and all the great restaurants & gift shops, as well as Walgreens & Publix. The Suncoast sits on the beach and offers great views of the ocean and the famous Florida sunsets. The pool isn't huge, but is never too crowded and there are lots of chairs available. There's also a BBQ and sheltered eating area. Our efficiency unit had a very comfortable king size bed, full-size refrigerator, toaster, microwave and 2-burner stove, but there was no hair dryer or dish detergent provided. Towels were plentiful and replaced daily. Maid service was very good, and there was a coin-operated washer & dryer available. You could tell that this place had a strong repeat-customer base, and many of the guests were Polish, who all got along well with the ownership & staff. The owner/manager is extremely friendly and does her best to help her guests. Other places may be newer, bigger and flashier, but they don't have the charm that these smaller properties have, and you could tell by all the "vacancy" signs on the condos vs the "no vacancy" signs on the motels. We would have no problem recommending the Suncoast to others.
- Also Known As:
- Suncoast Hotel
- Suncoast Hotel Treasure Island
- Suncoast Motel Treasure Island
- Suncoast Motel Treasure Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suncoast Motel is directly on the Gulf of Mexico. All rooms have been recently remodeled and the suite apartments have granite countertop kitchens! You will not find a better deal on Treasure Island. Our hotel is all about having clean rooms with the best environment and that is why we have so many repeat guests. ... more less