I decided to take my wife to see the lights at Callaway Gardens, and booked this motel before I read the reviews. Big mistake. I have had issues with other Days Inn Hotels, and this one has put me off from the chain altogether. We checked in after dark on a Friday night, and noticed there were only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot. I was a little disconcerted when the lady asked for my credit card (not really unusual, for security) and then actually ran it through and gave me a receipt! Our room was upstairs in the back of the main building, and we unloaded all our stuff. My wife wanted to take a bath, but there was no way to keep the water from draining out of the tub, and the shower didn't work either. There was actually a screen like you put in a sink in the drain for the tub. After listening to banging and clunking from the next room for a few hours (three cars in the lot on our side of the hotel at 11:00 P.M, and there's someone next to us?) we finally got to sleep.
The next morning we went down to complain, expecting to be moved to a new room, but met with extreme indifference instead. The manager on duty said she would have someone come up to fix the shower, even though I already knew parts were missing and that would be extremely difficult. The guy put in a stopper for the tub, but did nothing about the shower. when he left and came back, we decided to go to lunch. When we came back an hour or so later, there was no obvious change and the shower still didn't work. We went back to the office, where we were told the hotel was full, even though (again) there were still only three or four cars in the parking lot, well after check-in time. After some debate in the back, the manager on duty gave us a key for a new room, two doors down. As soon as we entered, we knew it was a "smoking room", with attempts having been made to cover the smell. We checked to make sure the shower worked, and after some messing around with the dial we did get a passable stream out of the showerhead. I must note that getting under the shower was a feat, as the head is mounted for someone under 5' tall (both rooms). The TV was messed up as well (color was off), but we decided it would be better than being dirty, so we went ahead and moved into the replacement room.
The free Breakfast wasn't much, and I opted out of using the wafflemaker, as it didn't look as if it had been cleaned.... ever. the Cereal was a bit stale, but the bagel was nondescript.
The smoker smell from the room stayed with us (we're both non-smokers, I reformed), and we ended up washing everything we took as soon as we got home.
All-in-all, not a pleasant experience. The cleaning staff was friendly, but the check-in folks were not, and there was never any offer of a refund, or anything approaching it, even though we had to make three trips to the office to try to get the room straightened out. Find somewhere else. Period.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate North Of Callaway Gardens
- Days Inn & Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate North Of Callaway Gardens Hotel
- Days Inn Pine Mountain
- Pine Mountain Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located In The Heart Of Pine Mountain, 1 Mile From Callaway GardensBook a room at Days Inn & Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate hotel, near Callaway Gardens, during your visit to the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Located on Route 27, our Pine Mountain, GA, hotel provides free continental breakfast, complete with waffles. Rest comfortably in your hotel room, which includes free Wi-Fi Internet access, a microwave and refrigerator, then take a swim in our outdoor pool. Jacuzzi suites as well as non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Pine Mountain, GA, hotel. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate North of Callaway Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.