I really enjoyed the location. It is four blocks from the Chicago Theatre so my wife and I walked to a concert. The red line el train is on State Street which is literally out the side door so my wife and I walked right out the door and caught the train to a Cubs game. Millennium Park is two blocks away so we walked over to hear a free concert of the Chicago Symphony. Michigan Avenue is two blocks away. I could go on and on about how great the location is.
I cannot complain about my room because I spent very little time in it and I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and knew what to expect. My room was just as the other reviewers have stated: small (think Manhattan budget hotel room) and dated. The lobby is beautiful. I was told that there is a restaurant on the 23rd floor that serves breakfast but I never made it. I had oatmeal instead from the Starbucks on the ground floor.
I was happy with my stay but was shocked when I got my bill for parking. It was $62 per night! I guess I expected a charge equivalent to that of the hotels in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Miami. I have never parked a car at a hotel in Boston or New York so I have never seen a charge even approaching this. So, I recommend the Palmer House if you are flying to Chicago. I am not sure I can recommend it if you are driving; in which case you will probably do better to stay further out and drive to your destinations.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Palmer House Hilton
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.