Recently I joined my husband on a business trip to Chicago and stayed at The James, which is ideally located within walking distance to Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, etc. The decor is modern: simple and practical. What really distinguishes The James is the boutique style personalized guest services:
1) Upon arrival we were promptly greeted in front of the hotel and directed accordingly.
2) Check-in was prompt and efficient. Chris was very professional and friendly. In fact, upon request Chris made other great travel recommendations for us.
3) The Luxury Audi Livery Service is the perfect mode of transportation to dinner or events. Ruben is a good driver and very professional.
4) The Concierge service is excellent - friendly and attentive. Concierge Amanda Cooper made dinner recommendations very suitable to our taste. We enjoyed the ambiance and a very nice dinner at the Pump Room (located at Public hotel). Concierge Mina Fakouhi also made several ideal recommendations and suggestions.
5) Housekeeping and turn-down service was good and non-intrusive.
The hotel is pet friendly. Unlike other pet friendly boutique hotels that designate certain floors for pets The James is entirely pet friendly. I love animals, but unfortunately I suffer from allergies. However, the staff was very accommodating by putting me in a room isolated from pets (although there did not seem to be many pets, if any, during my stay) and changing feather down pillows to foam.
Overall, we really enjoyed The James and will return. Hopefully, next time we will receive the "Warm towel with lemongrass oil to welcome you at check-in" as advertised on web page, which we did not receive on this past occasion
- Also Known As:
- James Chicago Hotel Chicago
- James Chicago Hotel
- James Hotel Chicago
- Chicago James Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The James Chicago offers a stylish and engaging alternative for the contemporary business or leisure traveler.The James is ideally situated right in the heart of downtown Chicago, just steps from Michigan Avenue. In addition to its proximity to numerous dining, shopping and nightlife choices along the world famous Magnificent Mile, The James is within easy walking distance of such celebrated cultural attractions as Millennium Park and The Museum of Contemporary Art.To mark its fifth anniversary as one of Chicago's most celebrated boutique hotels, The James Chicago revealed a refreshed look that includes updated furnishings, new environmentally-thoughtful services and a selection of updated in-room amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Amex, Otel, Tablet Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The James Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.