Stayed two nights here while attending a conference. As another reviewer stated, it's on the 15th floor of the Chicago Sun Times building just off Wacker Drive. If you're driving, the Sun Times is right across Wacker form the Merchandise Mart. It's easy to miss, but circle around and you'll see it the next time. (Voice of Experience)
Great Location - close the the Chicago River Walk, the bar has a wonderful, (great) view of the city and river. Also the drinks were inventive and very good. Last call on weekends is at 12:30 which is a tad early.
Parking is onsite but no there's no valet. But the cars are so close you can be in your car in minutes versus waiting at other hotels. The daily parking charge includes in and out privileges, The parking lot is down a set of stairs- apparently there is an elevator at one side of the lot but it's not clearly marked. I had a walking boot on due to a broken foot, but was able to make my way by walking up the road ramp with luggage.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, Staff friendly and helpful. I joined their loyalty club and we received a cookie (snack) and bottle of water with our room keys.
It's Chicago's Birthday. Booking this room 2 weeks in advance has a rate which INCLUDES parking (subject to availability)
Check out the Chicago Water Taxi Service with the Concierge. For $7 a person you can ride all over the river waterways which is a less expensive tour option.
I'd go back here again without hesitation.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza Hotel Chicago
- Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
- Holiday Inn Chicago
- Chicago Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza, a downtown Chicago hotel offering the best view of Chicago. River North, the Loop, Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent Mile, the Merchandise Mart, the landmarks that draw millions to downtown Chicago each year are right outside the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel. Stroll to countless restaurants and shops in the Chicago's River North Area, or conduct business in Chicago Loop's dynamic business center. Plan a quick trip to downtown Chicago's Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park or Navy Pier. Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel puts you in the heart of the downtown Chicago. Fifteen stories above the action, it's a high-rise haven of relaxation, convenience, and unbeatable service. At the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel each of our 521 guest rooms and suites are spacious, beautifully furnished with awe-inspiring city and river views. The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel offers 16 meeting rooms with nearly 25,000 square feet of modern, flexible function space, complete with the latest audio/visual technology and high-speed Internet access. The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel is located 3 miles to/from Chicago's McCormick Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.