Westin Chicago-River North has some nice features: 1) the upper-level rooms have good views; 2) the beds, as at all Westin properties, have the 'heavenly' trade-mark; 3) the in-room coffee-tea service is well-equipped and re-serviced daily; and 4) my room was spacious and well-furnished. Plus: although this Westin hosts conventions, the feel of the place is not 'commercial' and the public areas are furnished tastefully.
But strange blips occurred: After mid-night the phone rings with a question about water leaking in the floor below. I checked the bath in my room, saw no problem, and reported this. Then, early the next morn, the phone rings, and it is apparently an accidental ring. Try to get back to sleep . . . and the phone rings again ! This time, the front desk wants to send someone up to service/fix my bath. I inform the time when I will be leaving the room (that is, later in morning). A few minutes pass, and the alarm clock goes off! Apparently, set by a previous guest, and not turned off my housekeeping. The story of the bath resolves when the engineering staff finds some missing caulking around the faucets.
The experience at Westin is mixed - and in my stay, rather unsettling.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Westin Chicago
- Chicago Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.