Have stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Chicago roughly every year for the past ten, and have never been disappointed. Located a short 2.5 blocks from the Union Station, south down Canal St., this motel is sits by itself on the west side, far from hotels in the Loop or along Michigan Avenue to the north. For those arriving by train at Union Station, or by Greyhound two blocks directly west, this place is a real find. No long taxi rides to expensive rooms.
Most recent stay was January 31, 2012 for $137.56 (tax included) in an immaculate suite that included bedroom, sitting room and working desk, kitchenette, and a spotless bathroom. Check in was quick and check out was automatic by depositing keys in a front desk box. A spacious lobby, a clean Laundromat and a restaurant complete the picture. One little irritation is that the suite faced both busy Canal St. and the Eisenhower Expressway, the latter of which generates a mild rumble at all times which quickly becomes light background noise. Personnel have always been friendly, efficient and accommodating.
Prices rise on weekends and as the season becomes milder, but for one arriving by train or bus, or driving in on the Expressway (take Canal St. exit, next right on Harrison St. and then an immediate right into the motel parking lot), what more can you ask for? And the winter price of $137.56 per night can't be beat unless you decide to sleep on a Union Station bench, and they close at 1.00A.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Holiday Inn Downtown
- Holiday Inn Chicago
- Chicago Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether business or pleasure brings you to the Chicago downtown area, our hotel's free high-speed Internet access keeps you connected, and our state-of-the-art fitness center lets you keep up your workout routine, while our seasonal, outdoor rooftop pool provides great entertainment for the entire family. Let's not forget, for a unique dining experience visit Sunny's Bar & Grill located in the hotel. Clearly, with these choice amenities and prices, it's easy to see why guests prefer us to other hotels in Chicago, IL ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.