I stay at a lot of Marriott properties - I have platinum status there. This hotel meets the Marriott standard: well-trained, friendly staff; updated and comfortable rooms. Having said that, there are nice Marriott properties downtown if you're willing to pay a little more.
PROS: Location is great. Walking distance to Miracle Mile, Millennium Park, Art Institute, etc. There is a Starbucks on the premises and an outstanding Thai restaurant (Vong's Thai Kitchen) about a block down the street. The rooftop pool is nice. It is indoor, but has an outdoor deck area that is accessible in warm weather. The rooms are updated and comfortable. Wifi is free, but parking is expensive (just like any other Chicago hotel).
CONS: Noise. If you are light sleeper, this hotel is not for you. There is a club right in front of the hotel and a lot of car horns honking, tourists yelling, plus the occasional police siren.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Courtyard Chicago
- Chicago Marriott
- Chicago Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.