Just got back from Anantara Veli and throughly enjoyed our stay. We only stayed 2 nights as on short trip but would have loved to have stayed longer.
Everything ran smooth from beginning when they met us at airport and transferred us by speedboat to the island, this takes about 30 minutes. Check in was quick and easy.
Our water bungalow was very nice and we had a fantastic view from our bed. The bathroom was large and clean and it was kind of open at end so you can see the ocean underneath you which is a lovely idea.
The island itself is small but beautiful with the clearest turquoise water I have ever seen. There are lots of tiny hermit crabs on the beach which I found really cute and we saw lots of different fish whilst snorkeling around the reefs, we even saw juvenile black tip sharks whilst kayaking.
The hotel runs excursions like fishing, snorkeling trips, etc but we didnt try these as we felt they were very expensive.
The food here was really nice. A good selection at breakfast and they will also do omelettes and eggs to order. We ate once at the Fushi Cafe and sat on the beach, this was a indian/maldivian buffet and the food was delicious. We also had the Seafood buffet at 73 degrees which we throughly enjoyed, good selection and they also cooked fish to order so was nice and fresh, there was lots on offer; jumbo prawns, crab, squid, red snapper, tuna, etc, we were very impressed.
The stuff are very nice here and provide good service, we like Saleem, one of the waiters, very much. He was very friendly and told a bit about the Maldives and the island he came from.
The only disappointment with our stay was the cost of food and drinks, I did feel the prices were very steep, but I think it's like that everywhere in the Maldives. Having said that though the food was very good quality.
We will definitely be returning to this island as my husband and I loved it and it was very relaxing. It is a stunning island, absolute paradise.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Veli Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Veli Resort And Spa
- Anantara Veli Hotel
- Anantara Veli Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat hand-in-hand to one of the most naturally stunning destinations on earth, a romantic paradise enveloped in soft white sands and turquoise waters. Just 20 km by speedboat from the airport in Male, delight in the private luxury of your own over-water bungalow, with all the comforts of home and then some. Unwind in your room, either over water in the crystal lagoon, or from your Ocean Pool Bungalow, with private pool and ocean views offering beach and lagoon access a few minutes stroll from your room, or admire the kaleidoscope of exotic fish and corals just steps from your over water and deluxe over water bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Veli Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.