I did enjoy my stay here overall. My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 days as a small vacation get away. We arrived earlier then expected and was allowed to check in, which was nice. The person at the deck was nice enough but not very talkative or overly friendly mostly just handed us our keys and sent us on our way. We were told to use our keys for the elevator but never had to, which was commented on by other guests as well.
The room was clean except for a few hairs in the tub and some crumbs by the bed. The beds were a bit harder then what I am used to when staying at Marriott Branded hotels. The room had temperature control which was nice instead of the chunky wall units. The only complaint I really had was the fact that the light on the desk that is vertical agaisnt the frosted window deviders tended to be a bit too bright. The door to the bathroom is very different in the fact it is a huge woodlooking door that just slides like a closet door and doesn't lock and only had the toliet and sink. There was another set of sliding glass doors near the closet that opened to the actual shower/tub and another sink. I liked this layout but my boyfriend wasn't a fan. The tv was the flatscreen and didn't have that many channels but did have a great channel devoted just to information about indianapolis. I did love the decor and just the more modern look of the rooms.
The Pool we never used just because it was always very cloudy.
The fitness center was nice and clean with a lot of equipment.
Breakfast was always good, I loved the omelettes!!! the breakfast staff was very nice however after awhile they would be talking more amongst themselves and ignoring people who seemed to be needing help and not really replentishing items very well or wiping down tables. Twice when we came to breakfast later in the morning the tables were a bit sticky. But really overall it was a good selection and the staff did at least greet people.
The hotel kind of shares a building with the courtyard next door. The courtyard has a bellhop? and he is outside almost all day making taxi reservations and assisting patrons. The only thing I didnt like about that was everytime we called a taxi he would give our taxi to someone who was waiting for the one he called. Which after the second time of it being given away ( we know because we contacted the taxi driver when he wasn't there after 10 mins and was told he picked us up which of course he didn't, then also because we called a different cab company then the hotel) we just ran up to the cab that came and told him that No we called this taxi and you have given away ours twice now. Which he got a bit mad over cause he had guests with him who he was trying to assist. So be forwarned.
Overall we would come back to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- Springhill Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown is adjacent to the Convention Center. Located on a beautiful seven-acre site overlooking White River State Park, guests are steps away from Circle Center Mall, the State Capitol, Indianapolis Zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, Lucas Oil Stadium, and Conseco Fieldhouse. Guest rooms offer a small refrigerator, microwave, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and cable TV. The property also features a complimentary new breakfast buffet, indoor pool, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.