I booked a room here for 2 nights, so I could visit a friend who is recovering from surgery. I chose the Holiday Inn Express because it's close to her house, and one of very few hotels in the town. The lobby and check-in service were fine, and the young man at the front desk was lovely.
I had requested a non-smoking room, and sure enough was pointed to the 2nd floor -- the non-smoking floor, and a room there. The only thing smokier than my room was the non-smoking floor hallway. It was obnoxious! You would think the hotel would change out or at least clean the carpet, drapes and furniture before dubbing a room non-smoking!
Other than that, the stay was fine. While getting a bit shabby, the hotel is clean, safe and comfortable. All in all, I will stay here again, but simply because I don't have a better choice!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven) Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven) Hotel New Haven
- Holiday Inn New Haven
- New Haven Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your coming to Fort Wayne for business or just fun, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Wayne East (New Haven) is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Located just 4 miles east of downtown Fort Wayne. Easy access off Interstate 469 at exit 19 (Indiana Highway 930) Amenities such as Simply Smart Bedding & Bath, heated indoor pool, HD flat panel televisions, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, exercise room, Express Start hot breakfast bar, free local phone calls, and close to local restaurants, corporations, and attractions. The Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne East is located minutes from the following corporations: Do It Best, Tuthill Linkage, Fort Wayne Vehicle Auction, General Motors, Parker Hannifin, International Truck and Engine, International Bedding, and Norfolk Southern. Exciting attractions include Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, Lincoln Museum, Botanical Conservatory, Memorial Coliseum, Spiece Field House, McMillen Ice Arena, The Plex, Kreager Park, Glenbrook Square Mall, Embassy Theatre, Jefferson Pointe Shopping Center, Debrands Chocolate Company, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Science Central, and Grand Wayne Convention Center. For business or leisure, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Wayne East (New Haven) is your smart choice for overnight accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.