My wife and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Portage several times. We like this area because we can take the South Shore RR into Chicago for the day. The Hampton is no more than 4 miles from the South Shore stop at Ogden Dunes (free all day parking there). The one-way fare for the South Shore is about 6 or 7 dollars and you can buy tickets on the train. The South Shore will drop you at the Randolph St. station on Michigan Avenue at the north edge of Millenium Park (the BEAN!) and within walking distance to the Art Institute, Macy"s (think Marshall Fields) and other shopping and theaters in and near the Loop.
Now back to the Hampton. LIke I said we've stayed there several times and what keeps bringing us back to this particular hotel is the great breakfast. More than the usual make-your-own waffles, but always a hot item, plus biscuits, cereal, juice, coffee, toast, fruit, etc.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portage Hotel Portage
- Hampton Inn Portage Hotel
- Portage Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you re coming to Portage for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax, and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, work center, plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right with our continental hot breakfast. You can take a dip in our pool, and get fit in our 24 hour fitness room. And when it is time to dine you can enjoy a dining adventure at Longhorn Steakhouse, Quaker Steak and Lube, or Bass Pro Shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Portage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.