Stayed hear on recommendations from other TAers. Especially the individual who brought up the fact that there wasn't a dog park that far away (it was awesome, BTW -- Thornberry Dog Park. It requires a $5/day pass and it's usually staffed to make sure people pay their entrance fee. The other choice is $25/year if you're staying a while. The woman who staffed the park the first day I went said they did this so people didn't have to drive to BFE to pay at animal service).
The staff was okay.
The hotel was hopping with people. Kids would come and go. One kid was hilarious as he ran up to the front desk and grabbed a handful hawkeye mints.
Breakfast was nice. Again they had the magic make-your-own waffles. I just grabbed cereal myself, so can't comment on anything else.
I didn't initially feel comfortable with the location until I realized how close we were to the University of Iowa. Also, the hotel was just behind a gas station and car wash (it was a pretty good self-carwash that my car was in definite need of after picking up numerous bugs and creatures along the highway). There are also numerous apartment complexes behind and a busline that seems to come by fairly often.
I'd come back to stay here -- although it wasn't the most kept up place, it was in a location that was growing on me.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Coralville Hotel
- Baymont Inn And Suites Coralville
- Baymont Inn & Suites Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Baymont Inn Coralville
- Coralville Baymont Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Coralville Iowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet features a rotating selection of bacon, eggs, biscuits & sausage gravy, corned beef hash plus fresh waffles, bagels & cream cheese, pastry, cereals, yogurt & much more. Free Wi-Fi, Indoor Pool, Fitness Room, Business Center, Complimentary Local Shuttle Service, Same-Day Valet Service, Guest Laundry Facilities, In-Room Coffee, and the friendliest staff in town. Just minutes from the University of Iowa, Coralridge Mall, and all hospitals. Pets welcome (nightly fee applies). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Coralville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.