If you are an average traveler who enjoys good amenities at a safe and clean hotel then you will be thrilled to stay here. If you are a traveler that frequently indulges in the finest things in life and generally stays in a 5 star hotel, then you will likely find little things to dislike, but overall will probably be pleased as well. It is an older hotel, but is much nicer than many brand new ones I've stayed in. I really couldn't believe it was only rated a 3 star.
First the good:
* The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I had no less than 7 staff members greet me with "Good Morning!" as I walked through the lobby.
* The elevators require a key for each floor selected so strange people cannot access the hotel floors. This is nice for those of us who like security.
* The beds were amazingly comfortable with pillowtop mattresses and high quality linens.
* The room was spotless and included high quality toiletries that some 4 and 5 star hotels don't provide. There were Bath and Body Works brand products, a sewing kit, shoe shine rag, cotton swabs, cotton balls and a shower cap. There was also complimentary bottled water and in room coffee/tea.
* The building has free wi-fi. It's a strong/fast signal and easy to connect to.
*There was a good sized indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub.
* The location is great! There is a beautiful walking trail/lake behind the back parking lot. Many restaurants, a Wal-Mart, and gas stations are very near the property (less than 2 miles).
Things I didn't like and the only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars:
* There is not enough water pressure in the showers.
* I had a problem with the water temperature. It didn't stay hot for more than just a few minutes, then it was only slightly warm. In all fairness this could be due to the fact that the hotel was full of high school track teams and the hot water heaters were probably working overtime at that moment because my mom didn't have any issues with temperature the next morning.
* The breakfast buffet was fairly expensive at around $12 per person for what many hotels offer as a hot continental breakfast. I expected this in such a nice hotel, but I thought it was necessary to point it out for those who might be traveling as a family or on a budget.
The few things that I didn't like are not indicative of a negative view on this hotel in any way. I considered leaving out my opinions on these things because they are so minor, but I felt that in order to leave an honest review it was necessary to include the few things I didn't love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff. The gift shop gave me directions and drew me a map, the front desk provided information, and the housekeeping gave me additional coffee supplies....all with a great attitude and a smile!! Give this hotel a try! You will be glad you did.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Wichita Hotel
- Marriott Wichita Hotel Wichita
- Wichita Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wichita Marriott helps keep you connected to your life, your business and your goals. Enjoy the wonders of your surroundings as they are chosen to further your success and relaxation. Located adjacent to the Kansas Turnpike with easy access to major aircraft manufacturers, large corporations and Wichita's premier upscale shopping. After a busy day, retreat to a luxurious guest room that surrounds you with the comforting touches of home. Our rooms offer stylish upgrades including flat screen TVs, Marriott's Revive bedding and ergonomic chairs with sleek, modern desks designed to make business and leisure travel more comfortable and productive. Enjoy Complimentary High-Speed internet access in all of our guest rooms. COMPLIMENTARY WI/FI IN EACH GUESTROOM AND SUITE AS WELL AS THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL.~Stay active and healthy in our well-equipped fitness center which features an array of cardio equipment with cardio theatres as well as free weights and weight machine. Experience award-winning service and meticulous attention to detail that will exceed your expectations. Welcome to the Wichita Marriott.Magnificent improvements and upgrades to our hotel are on the way as this month our lobby will begin a major reconstruction by undergoing a multi-million dollar complete and total renovation thus transforming it into a more modern yet comfortable and inviting area that guests can use in different ways throughout the day and evening. The Marriott Greatroom will engage the senses and will feature comfortable seating that can be easily grouped together, wireless connectivity and AC power as well as access to amazing food and beverage items throughout the day and evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Marriott Wichita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.