“AVOID FAIRFIELD INN BANGOR - The worst travel experience of my life in every dimension”
AVOID FAIRFIELD INN in BANGOR MAINE
READ ON FOR the worst travel experience of my life in every dimension. You would be better off sleeping in your car.
This is the first review I have ever written for a travel experience and it is hardly my style to complain. HOWEVER, this review needs to be written and posted.
1. FAIRFIELD INN BANGOR MAINE has earned an F report card for the worst travel experience of my life.
2. Find another hotel. If you stay there, see the room first, make sure it is not near the exit to the Interstate and Truck Noise that is unbelievable. You will be able to identify the engine manufacturer and rpm at which the vehicles shift gears as they accelerate on the ramp. I got no sleep that night.
3. Specifically asked the front desk at check in for a couple of quiet rooms as was extremely tired from driving all day. When advised the next morning of the serious problem where I got no sleep the prior night, face to face, Chris, the General Manager displayed an attitude that was a big SO WHAT, Who Cares. In my opinion, he should have been fired on the spot for this beyond comprehension inexcusable performance showing a complete lack of responsibility and empathy for a customer with a legitimate and serious complaint. The above is not what created the Marriott chain and is not reflective of their stated values.
4. The Marriott customer relations service PROCESS is also completely broken. Despite being a member of their rewards club for years, THEY had to go through the General Manager, CHRIS, the perpetrator in their unsuccessful effort to get the room price refunded. LAME and COMPLETELY BROKEN is the review. GRADE - Straight F. As a professional, I called customer relations not once but twice to make them aware of the worst travel experience of my life. Marriott's words are all there in their publications and check in materials. The problem is their actions are completely opposite to their unfulfilled, totally unmet promises. Should have refunded price of room for service that was effectively not provided and promises that were not kept. Marriott should be embarrassed by this complete breakdown of their services in nearly every dimension.
5. Had 10 hotels to choose from and Fairfield Inn was among the most expensive. Was traveling back from vacation and had driven 10 hours that day with another 6 hours to go the next day. Expected Marriott to live up to their promises. GOT NO SLEEP DUE TO THE TRUCK NOISE.
6. In short, no excuse exists for Marriott's horrific F performance and F ranking on almost all dimensions especially the "So What", INDIFFERENT ATTITUDE OF CHRIS, THE General Manager.
7. AVOID the Fairfield Inn Bangor is my advice based on personal experience of the worst travel experience of my life and perhaps the worst service operation experience I have ever encountered or run the risks of this worst travel experience on all dimensions which I directly experienced.
GRADE - STRAIGHT F - TOTAL FAIL.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
3 September 2012
We strive to provide guests with the best experience possible. Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.
Report response as inappropriate
Concerning your feedback of our Marriott Customer Relations Service, I have met with a representative from Mr. Marriott's Office of Consumer Affairs to review your comments for future improvement. Marriott Customer Relations and the property work hand in hand to best resolve guest issues and the guest always coming first.
I would like to apologize for your perceived negative interaction with myself. This is not indicative of our standards, and will use your feedback as a benchmark for development.
We hope we have the opportunity to host you again.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC