My husband and I were traveling with friends and had already spent an unpleasant night in Camden at another B&B when we saw the Hawthorne and fell in love. It was late in the afternoon when we phoned the Hawthorne to inquire on availability and the Innkeeper, Maryanne, enthusiastically invited us up to see the Inn. She gave us a tour and offered us a choice of any of the available rooms. It was only after spending a considerable amount of time checking us in that she let us know that she and her husband were in the process of getting ready to attend a benefit when we called and therefore had not yet dressed for her evening plans. I was very impressed that she showed no sign of impatience as we toured the house, knowing how late our last minute drop in would make her. My husband and I stayed in the Regency - roomy, oversized bathroom with tub and shower & comfortable bed. Our friends were in Jullian - with separate sitting room but smaller bathroom. Maryanne gave us recommendations for dinner before she politely excused herself for the evening. In the morning, the smell of fresh coffee lingered in the air as we made our way downstairs to the dining room for breakfast. Maryanne and Bill served a delicious breakfast of cantelope with fresh yogurt and wild blueberries along with the most fabulous waffles of rhubarb and pecans. We lingered over our breakfast chatting with the other guests at the inn while Bill made sure our coffee cups never emptied. Not only did Maryanne see us off when we left, she hugged each of us as if we were family. I've visited many B&B's and Maryanne is among a small group of truly elite Innkeepers who care about their guests and take that extra step to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere. If you are heading to Camden, the Hawthorne Inn is the place to lay your head at night! Give Maryanne a hug from us if you do!
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, serene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.