On a last minute "day trip" to Ogunquit, Maine, my fiance and I found ourselves at the end of the long winding drive of the Cliff House Resort and Spa...all I can say is "wow". We have been dreaming and lazily "planning" on moving to either Maine or British Columbia in the next couple of years, but my man had never spent time in Maine...I had. Ogunquit has always been a favorite spot for day trips when I was growing up but I had never stayed in such a picturesque setting in my life.
We stopped in last minute at the tail end of the tourist season in September this past year. The staff was pleasant and attentive. They gave us a fabulous top floor room, on the edge of the Atlantic with a perfect balcony, large windows to take in the view at an unexpected discount. We spent the day with the windows open, sharing drinks with the fire going just breathing in the ocean air. We meandered down to the bar for a late lunch and then out onto the cliff edge...it was amazing.
We were 5 minutes from the hot dining spots and did some lobster eating and strolling around the quaint village shops. But the highlight was the room. Clean, adorable, comfortable...the bed was huge and all in all the trip was fantastic...this is our new "place" and we plan to come back year after year....
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House Hotel
- The Cliff House Hotel Ogunquit
- The Cliff House Resort And Spa
- Cliff Hotel Ogunquit
- Cliff Resort Ogunquit
- Cliff House Ogunquit
- Cliff House Hotel Maine
- Cliff House Resort And Spa
- The Cliff House Resort & Spa Ogunquit, Maine
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cliff House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.