We are fortunate enough to live within an hour's drive of this gorgeous property, and have been here for many events, but this is only our third overnight stay here - and the first with our dog, Nene.
We needed a hotel room in a hurry when we returned home to find we had a flood in the garage and no running water in the house. We called several local (Salisbury, MD) hotels, but none accepted pets. Even though it's about a bit of a drive from our home, we were very happy to find that the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake has 9 pet-friendly rooms and, very fortunately, had availability for us.
We arrived at 11 pm. I went it to check us in, while my husband, Gary, took care of the dog, luggage and car. He had to wait a minute or two for the bellman to arrive, but valeting the car and getting it unloaded were both done efficiently.
The lobby bar (one level down from the check-in area, but open to it) had a large, noisy group in house. No one was behind the front desk. A sign instructed us to 'ring bell for service.' A woman in line in front of me was ringing it. After five minutes or so, I noticed a kiosk to the left offering self check-in. I decided to give it a try, but in going through the process I found that there was no mention of the dog, and I wanted to be sure we had one of the pet-friendly rooms, (and also knew there would be a surcharge) so we decided to wait. It wasn't long before two young woman arrived to help us and the other guest waiting. It was hard to hear because of the lounge crowd below- even the clerks were complaining about it.
The rest of the check-in went smoothly - we asked for and got an upgrade to a water-view pet-friendly room on the bottom floor. Gary was waiting with the dog and bellman, who showed us down to the room. He was friendly enough, delivered our luggage to the areas we requested (including, bless him, our dog's over-sized, well-used bed), but when he asked us if we needed anything else and we asked him for ice, he hedged. It's ok - I knew it was late. Could he just tell us where we could find the ice ourselves? His response - "Y'know - if you call the front desk, they might be able to tell you. I really don't know."
In the morning, Gary easily found the dog walking trail and both he and the dog enjoyed the hike. Both came back panting and smiling.
We ordered room service for breakfast, as there are no pet-friendly restaurants on property and we didn't want to risk her barking and disturbing others. The delivery was quick and the food was prepared well. The cost was not overly exorbitant - very much in line with most other resort properties we've stayed at, much less than some.
Although we didn't utilize the majority of this property's amenities, we have had the pleasure of visiting it often in the past and we can heartily recommend the spa, have enjoyed most of the dining options (including a Starbucks off the lobby), the evening s'mores by the firepits, and both indoor and outdoor pool activities at one point or another.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay
- Hyatt Chesapeake
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay
- Cambridge Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 ½ star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon which just underwent a $1 million renovation boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include three outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake’s six restaurants and lounges. In 2009, all 400 of our luxurious guest rooms, including 56 suites, were completely refurnished. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37” flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TIG Global and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.