This was my first less than stellar stay at a Hampton Inn. We arrived and our room wasn't ready so the front desk switched us to another room. When we entered the room there was a terrible vinegar like smell. We asked to switch rooms but nothing else was ready. We agreed to just go eat and return later when our room would be ready. After coming back from dinner we picked up the keys to
the new room, go to the room and find that the keys don't work. We go back to the desk and find out that someone had forgotten to activate the keys and another
clerk had given the room away. They assigned us a third room which smelled nearly as bad as the first. The Manager very nicely came by the room and brought an card with a Starbucks gift certificate to apologize for all of the hassle at check in.
In talking with her about the smell, we found out that all of the bathrooms had recently been recaulked and that was the source of the smell. I found the smell really off putting. Also there was a worn spot in the carpet that was slightly sticky. Between the smell and the sticky spot in the carpet I wasn't able to relax and enjoy my stay.
I've never had a poor experience at a Hampton. I appreciated the gesture and apology for the problems at check in. Truthfully that didn't really bother me that much. Things like that happen. Spending a few nights in a room that smelled overpoweringly of vinegar, not so easy to overlook.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport Hotel
- Hampton Inn Baltimore
- Hampton Inn Linthicum
- Hampton Inn Baltimore Washington International Airport
- Linthicum Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, recently renovated hotel offers 182 elegantly appointed rooms and a cozy lobby complete with fireplace, TV viewing area and business center. Room rate includes full hot breakfast, Monday-Thursday Manager Reception, wireless access, parking, free shuttle to airport and rail stations. Hilton honors rewards available. Convenient to major highways and Inner Harbor, just one mile from BWI Airport, Amtrak and light rail stations. Many weekend packages available. 100% non-smoking and pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.