I would have written this directly to Carousel management, but their site "comments" section would only permit me two short sentences. I am pleased to see that management actually reads and responds to these reviews, so here goes.
My husband and I stayed there recently while attending our daughter's wedding. After a long day, we thought we'd try out the hot tub to relax.
Apparently, while there is a strict policy at this hotel about adults partying, there is not a policy about children who get out of control. As minors, the group of children who harrassed us in the hot tub (details below) should not have been questioned by any of the staff directly until their parents were present. Furthermore, I would think that your adult guests would deserve at least EQUAL RESPECT of their "injury" in such a confrontation. We felt intimidated by this gang of unruly, disrespectful, unsupervised children. We felt ignored by staff, who seemed only to want to placate the children and never ascertained whether or not WE were okay! Needless to say, our wish to relax after a stressful day was extinguished by this disturbing event.
While enjoying the companionship of another couple in the hot tub, a football came flying from the pool and struck the water in the hot tub, splashing all of us in the face and nearly striking the other woman in the face! Usually tolerant of childrens' antics, we called over to the pool asking whose ball it was, intending to remind them to be more careful of their aim and range. The children who had obviously been playing with the ball denied ownership of it, however. so my husband put the football against the wall. After a few minutes, we noticed one of the group of children had sidled up to the wall and was hovering there. Shortly afterward, the ball was gone. After another few minutes of conversation with the other couple, the football came BACK into the hot tub, this time striking the second woman on its way to the water! The other gentleman stood up at that point and called over to the group of children, asking where their parents were. The children simply ignored his request and demanded their ball back! Fed up with the shenanigans, I took the ball and sat on it. The other couple decided that the mood of restful relaxation was broken and decided to leave. While drying off, one of the group of children approached him and again demanded the ball back. After trying to find out where the boy's parents were again, and again getting no response, the man told him we would only give the ball back to his parents. The children went back to the pool and the other couple left. After a brief period of time, the whole group of children began to harrass US for their ball. One of them banged the pool walkway behind my head, saying over and over..."where my ball?! where my ball?!" another two attempted to get into the hot tub and search for their ball. We told them they were not permitted in the hot tub and again requested that they get their parents. The children got loud.."Gimmee the ball! Gimmee the ball! Where the ball?Where the ball?". Finally, the pool attendant came over and ASKED THE CHILDREN (not the adults) what was going on. With five children all clamoring at once, the pool manager came over. Again, he ASKED THE CHILDREN what was going on (not the adults!). What shocked us at this point was that there were apparently NO PARENTS monitoring these children at the pool, and that nobody attempted to ASK THE ADULTS (us) what was going on or ASK THE CHILDREN WHERE THEIR PARENTS WERE! At this point, we were joined in the hot tub by four lovely ladies who apparently had seen that we were outnumbered and came to our rescue while the manager was being summoned. One of the ladies took offense at the language and tone being used by the children and began remonstrating him for it. Defiantly, the child continued his demands and tone. The manager finally arrived and we gave him the ball after he told the children they would not get it back until closing time. At this point, the mood of relaxation we had sought in the hot tub was completely destroyed. Again, though, NOBODY ASKED THE CHILDREN WHERE THEIR PARENTS WERE! And nobody asked if WE were all right!
We have other comments concerning this hotel, but we felt this was clearly the most pressing and disturbing issue to address.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Resort
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Resort Hotel
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.