We just stayed for the first time for two nights in a room overlooking the mountains. However, it really overlooked the top of the parking garage or convention center.
Lobby: Can we not have real flowers in a beautiful setting in the lobby area???? Plastic ones?????? Expected real.
The room: Nothing special. Really no complaints, bed was nice, however, the TV control was confusing...Was nice to have a large countertop in the bathroom and the extra counter in the room was nice as well. Couldn't open our curtains at night because a spotlight on the garage (?) roof was glaring right at us! Was great to have 3 elevators in the hotel. Never had to wait!
The pool: Disaster! Too many people and not enough lounge chairs. Attendants need to make sure people are actually using the lounge chairs and not just leaving stuff there. Need more lounge chairs. Also the cushions on the chairs are in desperate need of trashing. Most that I saw were ripped at corners. Really?????? I expected better! Also, need more places to sit and eat down there if you are going to offer food. Get rid of the grass space and put more loungers. I actually saw people trying to put their towels on the very small green grass and lay down???!!! Yikes! Was nice to have pool attendants walking around with water, but they could go around and pick up empty water cups that were left by poolside. They seemed to enjoy just talking to one another. (Where is the manager on this?) I read on website that the pool also offered cold towels, but didn't get offered any of those. Would have been nice at 90+ degrees!!! Could use a kid pool. Adult couples need to realize that there are a lot of kids running around this resort. When I looked in the outdoor hot tub, it was filled with pre-teen boys. The view from the pool area of the lake could be fabulous, but old mature landscaping has grown too tall. (Pool was important to us...They missed the mark for us on this! Since we couldn't find a spot at the pool and kids were running rampant, we went to marina to get a kayak. )
The food: Didn't eat in the Grille, but did have dinner and lunch in the Atrium Cafe. Food was excellent. Service was great. However, wanted to sit at a certain table at lunch, but was told that since they had a party of 7 in that area, we needed to sit somewhere else. Really? We refused that suggestion, and was seated where we wanted and had no problem with service. We were waited on and served quickly. Keep in mind, there was no one else in that area either. Didn't quite get all that!!! Ice cream bar and dessert area was fabulous. It was so nice to have that available during the evening.
Marina: Not really that convenient. Need to drive there or wait for a shuttle. We choose to drive. One disappointment there is that you cannot swim or float around in the coves near the marina, even though it seems clear of any boating activity. We have stayed at other Table Rock places, where they have inner tubes and such that you can enjoy the water around the marina. We went out in a kayak and had a great time. Marina service was very good. No complaints, except for the fact that you offer men's swimwear, but have no women's swimwear. Why?
Overall: Was a nice place. Staff was extremely friendly. Enjoyed the stay. Just hope that this review can offer everyone some insight to what we experienced. Would have been nice to be able to sit outside during eating at the restaurant or outside from the bar and not have to look and hear the pool. Bear in mind that if you sit outside at the Grille, you will be hearing all of the sounds of the kids at the pool. Need to build a new family pool off to the side of the hotel, out of the range of dining and lake viewing.
Will we be back? Not sure. Chateau seems to be catering more to families, so if you are a couple looking for a romantic setting, this is probably not your place, in my opinion. If you enjoy watching a kids movie by the pool at 8 pm on a Saturday night, this place may be for you! Didn't expect that since they have an indoor movie theater set up just for kids. Pruning and mulching of the grounds should be a priority. The grounds original design is beautiful, but could look even better with proper maintaining.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel
- Chateau On The Lake
- Chateau Lake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa, is Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort which is nestled in the Ozark Mountains over-looking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake, yet only a short distance from nearby theaters, shopping, attractions and golf courses. One of the features of the resort is its 10 story atrium lobby complete with cascading waterfalls,lush plants and foliage. All guestrooms have hand finished textures walls in warm tones, comfortable Perfect Sleeper mattresses, down comforters, 37" flat screen TVs, Wi Fi and most guestrooms have balconies with either lakefront/lakeview or mountain views. The Chateau restaurant has earned a reputation known for its fine dining, fine service and wonderful food and where friends and family gather to enjoy each others fellowship and company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.