For years, I remember the Campus Inn occupying the prime location at the corner of the Mizzou campus. It was a great location, but the hotel didn't appear to be all that spectacular. Boy, how times have changed!
I had the pleasure of staying at the new Hampton Inn just off the Mizzou campus this past fall. It's a significant upgrade from the old Campus Inn, with large, spacious and comfortable rooms. It also has a nice lobby - the breakfast room is quite welcoming in the morning.
The location of this hotel can't be beat - it's within walking distance of all the attractions on the Mizzou campus, including Faurot Field, Mizzou Arena, and the hospital. However, be prepared to cross busy Stadium Blvd - not the easiest, even with the cross walk.
Overall, this is a great addition to the places to stay in Columbia. I can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.