If you're looking for a review of the overall resort and activities, this may not be the review for you. :) I stayed here on business during the first week of March during their off-season, so I didn't get to see much more of the resort besides the building I was in.
I was fully prepared to absolutely hate this place based on some of the other reviews, but I didn't. I've never been to Missouri so I was interested to see what it was like. I'm not sure where this place rates in terms of local value, but it was easy to overlook the downsides and enjoy my stay. I'll go ahead and state the obvious: It needs updating. Badly. Even small changes, like flat screen tvs or new carpet would be a start.
That being said, here's what my stay was like:
The staff: Excellent. Very professional, responsive and friendly. I had a package delivered to the resort and it was waiting for me when I checked in. I didn't need it right away so they said it could be delivered to a conference room the next day and to call when I needed it. I did just that and they brought in less than 10 minutes. I was even connected directly to the person who would be delivering it.
Also at check-in, they provided a weekly schedule of events and activities, including the restaurant hours. Since it is the off-season, it seems like they tailored the schedule to fit the needs of the guests for that week. In this case, there were several conferences going on, including a large student group so it was nice to know that things were open.
Food: The food in the Black Bear Lodge was good and had a nice view of the lake. I didn't get a chance to visit the bar in the evening or the other eateries on site due to my work schedule.
The room: The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and my room had a view of the water which was beautiful. The bathroom as well as the room furniture and tv were all dated. The nightstand lamps and chairs appear to be a little more modern. Baby steps I suppose.
The bug guide (mentioned in another review.) It seems laughable at first, but it actually makes sense given the location. You may encounter spiders and other critters during the summer months (not necessarily in your room - I saw NONE), so the guide may be useful.
Parking - Free and right below my building. Very convenient.
So, should you stay here? If modern decor is VERY important to you then the answer is no. It will bother you. It would bother me if I were staying for vacation.
If you have to stay here on business and really aren't paying the in-season rates, then you should be fine. The conference facilities are more than adequate and the staff is on top of every room change and other aspect of your conference.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan Tar Resort
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan Tar a
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year roundrecreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team offriendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boatrentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtakingvistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The “Bears Den” Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley andtwo outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at “Kids Kabin” and “Camp Tan-Tar-A”. Whilethe adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the timesof their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul inan intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardycasual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique groupevents- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.