We enjoyed the Hyatt Tahoe in June 2005 and we happy to get another chance to go back in June 2006. We liked the newer rooms in the Spa Terrace wing room last year so we requested this building again this year.
Since the hotel was very full we had a limited choice of rooms with the amenities we wanted (king bed and balcony with mountain view) but we were pleased that they were willing to offer several options with varying views (better views did require a small upgrade fee that averaged out to an extra $25 per night). We loved the location of our room #334, which had a wonderful view of the mountains. You cannot see any of the lake from the Spa Terrace rooms, only from the rooms in the original tower building but none of those rooms have balconies.
My only complaint was that our room overlooked the pool of the Hyatt timeshare lodge next door that was sometimes quite noisy in the afternoons with loud children. Plus one night a group of adults partied at the pool until quite late. I finally called the front desk at midnight and they put an immediate stop to the noise (so I should have called earlier as the timeshare rules require "quiet time" after 10 p.m.).
The nice thing about having the balcony was sleeping with the door open to enjoy the wonderful cool night air. We needed the warm fluffy robes provided in order to sit out in the mornings while we drank our coffee.
Room amenities include the coffee maker, bottled water, a daily newspaper, a hair dryer and nice bath products. There is a daily "resort fee" to cover all of this which is a bit steep and in my opinion should just be included in the room rate. There is a mini bar in the room but no refrigerator. We had to phone to housekeeping to have the robes sent to the room. Service was quite prompt any time we requested something.
The room was fairly large with room for a small table and two chairs. My husband was working while we were at the hotel and there is no desk in the room. The table was a bit cramped for his computer equipment but he managed fine. The bed was very comfortable and there were enough pillows in the room for at least six people. The bathroom was of good size with a granite counter plus a small table to put your toiletries.
The pool and hot tub area are lovely, just off the Spa Terrace wing. The beach is across the street but it is an easy walk. We also enjoyed the walking paths along the Lakeshore road next to the hotel. Nice views of some fabulous houses.
Self-parking is free (or actually included in the "resort fee") and is easy access into the hotel from the parking lot via the casino entrance.
We had no problems with the front desk staff; they were very helpful in offering us a nice room in the location we wanted. Check out was quick and easy. They now have a computer in the lobby hooked up to a printer so those traveling by air can print boarding passes.
We were really looking forward this year to going back to the Lone Eagle Bar to listen to Luke sing and we were not disappointed. The bar is wonderful and Luke makes the evenings very special. We did not like the Cut Throat Saloon. Our one dinner there was not very good and neither was the service. We spent very little time in the casino but like its low-key atmosphere.
We loved the fondue restaurant in the little retail village across the street from the Hyatt (none of those restaurants are affiliated with the resort but we saw a number of good choices there).
The coffee bar in the Hyatt lobby sells Starbucks coffee products but not nearly the quality of drinks that you can get at a regular Starbucks.
The inside of our room and bath was identical to our room last year so I’m not posting new photos of that. I am posting the photos of our balcony view since that is one reason we enjoyed our room even more than last year.
Lake Tahoe is a special place; the area is beautiful. After seeing the other towns around the lake we would always choose to stay in Incline Village at the Hyatt.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Hotel Incline Village
- Hyatt Lake Tahoe Resort
- Hyatt Lake Tahoe
- Hyatt Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- Incline Village Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa And Casino Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Incline Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular setting on Lake Tahoe’s north shore with 500 feet of private, lakefront beach. Surrounded by towering pines and mountain greenery; 35 miles to Reno/Tahoe Int’l Airport; 40 miles to South Lake Tahoe Airport. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino was recreated in the classic style of a 1920s alpine grand lodge. Exterior renovations of river rock and shingles complement the natural environment with colors echoing the tradition and sense of history of the original homes built in the Tahoe area. Extensive river rock landscaping and two outdoor fireplaces add to the guests' sense of arrival at the "Old Tahoe-Lodge" style entrance. The resort's Grand Lobby boasts crafted stonework, creating a cozy setting amid the warmth of an oversized double-sided fireplace, rich leather chairs and high-beam ceilings. The 421 guestrooms, including 24 lakeside cottages, have been decorated with natural pine, distressed wood, and leather furnishings, reflecting the setting with autumn colors of moss, brick red and wheat. Included in our Lake Tahoe resort's $60 million transformation was the addition of the Spa Terrace, a new three-story wing adjacent to the main 12-story hotel. Offering 138 luxury guestrooms with views of the Sierra Nevada skyline, the addition provides visitors with private balconies and breathtaking lake views. The Spa Terrace replaces the resort's former Aspen Terrace and overlooks the resort's new swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.