We stayed at Encore in a king resort room on April 11-15, 2012. The room is a suite type room with a separate living and sleeping area. It is large with space to stretch out. A desk for the computer and a separate couch. The TV swivels between the sleeping area and the living area. There is also a TV in the bathroom. The living area is the part by the windows. We had a King Resort room on the 29th floor with a northern strip view as we wanted to avoid the noise from the nightclub. We heard no noise. Our view was of LVH, Circus Circus and a partial view of downtown. It was partial due to the unfinished Fountainbleu. We also had a full view of the barely started Echelon Place complex. As would be expected the room is well appointed with a lot of bathroom extras. We encountered several problems with the room: the toilet is on the other side of the wall from the head of the bed. Everytime you flush the toilet it tends to wake up anybody who is sleeping – seriously, who designed this? Another design flaw is that when you turn the shower on, the water leaks onto the bathroom floor – nothing broken just bad design - the water hits the bench inside the shower and runs out onto the bathroom floor. We kept bath towels spread out on the floor to soak up the water - otherwise the floor was very slippery as it is marble. Also, you have to walk through the bedroom area to get to the living area, so when one person is sleeping you have to walk past them to get to the bathroom or to look out the windows. Maid service was outstanding. The wireless internet didn’t work. There is no coffee maker in the room and a refrigerator is an extra $25 per night. The shower is too small for the size of the bathroom and the water pressure out of the showerhead. It also took several minutes for the water to get hot, and we were only on the 29th floor. There was also a tack sticking up through the carpet where the carpet and tile come together. I stepped on this and stabbed a little hole in my foot. I told the front desk about this when I checked out – they were "sorry" but offered no other accommodation, which both surprised and disappointed me. They also had a charge on my bill that was not mine. They took it off after a brief discussion on the topic, but said they would submit it to accounts receivable for "review". I asked what this meant and the front desk person simply repeated what she said before that she had to submit it for review. I very much respect and admire Steve Wynn for what he has done in Las Vegas. I just wish my first, and possibly last, time staying at one of his properties had been a more enjoyable experience.
- Also Known As:
- Encore At Wynn Las Vegas Hotel
- Encore At Wynn Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Encore At Wynn
- Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encore, the new signature resort in the Wynn collection, is now taking reservations. Encore complements Wynn Las Vegas’ repertoire of accommodations, culinary offerings and leisure activities to include 11 new retail outlets, seven new cozy bars and lounges, five new signature restaurants, one ultra-chic nightclub and a European-inspired spa and salon facility. Indulge in Encore’s casually elegant approach to ambiance. Conceived as a collection of neighborhoods, the resort is designed to fill your stay with moments of discovery and evoke your sense of wonder. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Amex, getaroom.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Encore At Wynn Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.