I booked the El Cortez Cabana Suites from a wholesaler and received an excellent price.
Everything was very nice, clean, and very well maintained.
You can park for free at either of the El Cortez' parking garages. The main hotel/casino is across the street - it's a bit dated and not nearly the standard as the Cabana Suites.
1) the shower: I could not figure out how to adjust the water temperature. It appeared that my shower control was missing something - there was a place for something to screw in it, but that 'piece' was missing. Usually you wait for cold water, but I had to turn on the shower - let it get to scalding then somehow work the knob back to cold. It worked, but I have no idea how.
2) the iHome docking station - it was unplugged when I arrived. I plugged it in and attempted to dock my iPhone 4S, couldn't get it to work. There were no instructions for the device except for some written on it for playing music. No instructions on how to set the time, or the alarm. When it went off in the middle of the night - I realized why it was unplugged. I never attempted to use it again.
3) the air conditioner - I never did figure out how to get this working correctly either. I do know it was January in Las Vegas, and I had the air conditioner set at about 63 degrees, fan on full blast to keep the room comfortable.
But, other than that stuff (which I did not report to the hotel), the hotel felt safe and clean. I'd stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Cabana Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Cabana Hotel
- El Cortez Cabana Suites Las Vegas