We own a fabulous 3 bedroom villa with floor to ceiling windows at the end of the tower, that we purchased over 5 years ago. We have stayed at the MGC over 7 times. We lock off our unit (dividing up the 3 bedroom into 1 and 2 bedrooms) to enjoy 2 weeks instead of 1 week of vacation. We have stayed at many other vacation resorts using this option.
Unfortunately, even though we deposit our fabulous 1 and 2 bedroom units we have never seen these beautiful rooms. We are given the smaller bedroom with the hotel style room attached.
It seems that once you become an owner, Marriott has your $, and you become very low on their priority list. :-(
Let me share with you examples of this from our most recent week there, June 15, 2012, to June 22, 2012......
We received their email 30 days out asking for our requests for this stay of which we completed and returned the same day. This is our "home resort" and should be treated as such. NOT! This is our experience...
- only smaller 2 bedroom available.
- no strip view available.
After asserting and asserting myself, the manager, Jeff S., finally decided he might be able to find something with a strip view, but on a lower floor. And lo and behold, he did find a 2 bedroom available. And did he ever........, one that I hope no one else has to stay in.
These are just a few of the items that made this stay so exasperating:
1. Master bedroom backed up to the elevators, with elevators and bed sharing same wall. Lots of machine noises. Lots of ding- ding- ding. ALL the time.
2. Toilet in master bath - rocked each time you got up. Not just a little. A lot! 1st couple of times, scared me to death.
3. King mattress in master bedroom - hanging off to the right side @ 5 inches. Had to be careful I didn't slip off. :->
4. Mattress dust ruffle - very, very long on one side of bed. - had to be careful not to trip. And, of course on the other side very, very short.
5. TV not working in the living area. No signal. Of course didn't know until late at night.
6. Remote not working in hotel style attached room.
7. filthy, filthy floor tiles. I wore white socks @ the room and they are SO black, strong bleach may return them to some shade of white or I may have to toss them.
If you really want to see how clean a hotel room is.... Just wear the white socks :-)
8. Sink drain in the hotel style Room, drain was SO slow to drain. Backed up water. Yuck
9. Hugh gap under main entry door to room. 1 inch gap. We could hear the folks in the hallway. And can you imagine, I know they could hear all the noises and sounds from our room. No privacy.
And the light at night coming under the door!!!!!
10. Fabric ripped and torn on the new blue couch , with the white stuffing showing. The straight chairs had the fabric cording coming unglued and hanging down.
Yes, I guess you could say that the manager fixed us up. As an owner of one of the most desirable rooms at the MGC, you wold think we or anyone would be treated better. Once the Marriott has your money, they don't seem as if they care..
And of course we could have:
Called for a plumber to fix the toilet.
Called for a plumber to fix the sink drain.
Called for maintenance to attach a rubber strip to the bottom of the entry door.
Called for maintenance and housekeeping to move and straighten the mattress and reput the dust ruffle.
Called for TV tech to give us Signal. - which we did.
We could have done all of this, BUT we were in Vegas on vacation to have fun NOT to be the Marriott quality room check manager.
I agree with others on valet parking lengthy time waiting for car; depressing owners room; small pool (and when will they complete the bigger pool?? 10 more years); lack of general staff picking up and cleaning up areas, such as pool area; and what's with the lobby change in furniture fabric to --------- plastic?...
Thanks for listening / reading. As you can tell we have seen a general decline in all services at MGC, which is very frustrating and disheartening.
Call everyday. Speak with the manager when you call. Don't assume you will be treated fairly...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC