We booked a room for one night in that hotel because we were to participate in a nightime marathon and were getting a group rate (which with hindsight was worse than rates at much nicer hotels). The first problem arose when we tried to call for directions because we were lost. The call went straight to an outsourced indian service and they had no idea where the place was. When we tried to ring the front desk instead repeatedly, the phone was always busy. We finally found the place without their help. Because the marathon finished in the morning, the race director had arranged for free late check out with the manager who was around during the week or so we thought. When we got there, the first thing we noticed was the bad smell pervasing all the common areas and the room too. Also the antiquated furniture etc.. but the worst part was that they denied us the late checkout, even though it was clearly needed because we were going to be back from the race in the morning after being up all night. The staff was extremely unpleasant and uncooperative. We had to threaten them with several complaints but to no avail. They finally called the weekend manager who apparently does not communicate with the week manager and denied the late check out too. In order to notify us of that last conversation, they did not ring the room phone, but instead left a message directly. Nice. When we realized that the message was there, we went back downstairs and let them know that we were going to check out late no matter what, and that if they were going to try to charge us extra, we would contest the entire cherge with the cc company. After this nice conversation, we had to concentrate on the race, after ordering something to be delivered to the room from one of the menus in there. The phone number on one of the menus did not seem to work, so I called the reception to get a confirmation of the phone number, but the person on the phone replied curtly that they didn't have the number... once the race was over, we came back around 10am, completely exhausted. While we were trying to get some sleep, they called repeatedly at the regular check out time (noon) to get us to check out. We had to take the phone off the hook. at the end, perhaps because they realized they had "crossed" the line, they did not charge for the extra 2 hours, but what a miserable experience.
I have stayed at very nice places in Vegas for about half the price. I cannot imagine why anyone would stay there.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Las Vegas
- Atrium Las Vegas
- Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas Las Vegas
- Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the magic of Las Vegas with the class and modern touch of the Atrium Suites Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our centrally located, all-suite hotel offers spacious rooms and pleasurable room amenities ideal for business and leisure travelers. After a long day of meetings, touring the Las Vegas Convention Center, or exploring the many Las Vegas sights and casinos, relax with us at the Atrium Suites Hotel. Here you'll enjoy our artfully decorated waterfall in the open atrium of the hotel lobby, enjoy the outdoor heated pool, 24/7 workout room, and nearby premier entertainment and top Las Vegas restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.