We have stayed at the Tropicana once or twice a year for the past several years, but I think this trip (Dec. 19-21,2011) will be the last.
In November, after checking on-line for prices, I called the Tropicana and made reservations even though the price was higher by a couple of dollars then several other hotels in Laughlin.
When we checked in I was told the room would be $19.95 per night, a good price, but not the price I had been given when I made the reservation. I thought I had been quoted $17.00, but the clerk said "we never do $17.00". There is a chance I could of misheard 17 for 19, but the price I was quoted was in even dollars, no change. Today,(12/22/11) on-line, I saw rooms at the Tropicana for $17.00.
Because of a physical disability a handicapped room was requested. I suppose the room we paid for (318) qualified, it was close to the elevator, the toilet qualified and there were handrails. The shower controls could not be reached from the shower seat and the shower floor was so slippery that when I stood up to adjust the temperature I almost fell. I ended up putting a hand towel I could reach, on the shower floor, so I could stand up.
The bed was so low to the floor it was below my knees when I stood beside it and it definitly was not one of your 'PILLOW TOPS". Needless to say it was not easy to get in or out of this bed even with the help of a cane. Not exactly handicap friendly.
After this experience I will have to think long and hard before I stay at the Tropicana again.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Express Hotel Laughlin
- Tropicana Express Laughlin
- Tropicana Express
- Tropicana Express Laughlin Nv
- Tropicana Laughlin Nevada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relaxing in the sun has never felt as good as it does sitting pool side at the Tropicana Laughlin, located in Laughlin Nevada within walking distance to the Colorado River. And after the sun goes down, the fun doesn't stop with nightly entertainment in our lounge, superb dining and the newest games on the floor. Stay the night and settle into one of our 1,500 rooms, all nicely appointed and comfortable. Tropicana Laughlin has everything you'd come to expect in a destination casino and hotel. Five restaurants to choose from, a coffee shop to wake up to and a gift shop for the little things you left at home, we've got you covered. And if you're looking for a place to go in your RV or want to cruise the river on your boat, we have plenty of parking for you. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Laughlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.