Had been here once before on a busy friday night and the service was slow. The food was ordered spicy, but heavy on spice lacking in flavor.
Came back with a 6pm reservation on a saturday night before the rush. Had to leave by 730 for a concert at the hop, asked the server if there was time and was reassured 'yes'.
1. Took a long time after seated to have our order taken, waitress didnt know the specials, and when we ordered a regular menu item, she wasnt familiar with it and had to ask what it was. Uh oh.
2. As a diabetic, avoid this place. Felt low, stopped the passing manager to ask for tea and sugar after identifying myself as such and feeling low. Instead helping he said he'd find my server to help. Really?
3. Lost our order. Ordered at 630 finally and by 710 the party behind that was seated after we ordered was nearly dine with their meal. Our server asked "oh you dont have food yet? What did you order?"
In most restaurants, if your order is lost the server will tell you. Not here. My dining partners had to inquire.
4. We got up to leave hungry, feeling low, and they wanted to ring us out. No offer to cover our bill, no apology from the manager.
5. Went to boloco, the wrap place across the street. Ironically, had the thai wrap. Very good, highly recommended.
6. So, go to mai thai if you arent hungry, don't have someplace to be, and trust a waitstaff who doesnt know their own menu.
If you own or manage Mai Thai, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.