We live close to the Wentworth, and go there often. We have held company meetings there in the past. When people ask us where to stay, we certainly highly recommend the Wentworth to those that don't want to stay in the downtown Portsmouth area. The hotel is a slice from the past with its incredible history, beautiful ambiance, and overnight rooms and amenities that really make you feel very special.
We dine often in the main dining room, the Roosevelt's lounge, and at Latitudes, the special seasonal restaurant overlooking the Wentworth Marina. However we must say that they have changed the menu at Latitudes this year, and after dining there last weekend, we were disappointed in those changes. There are no longer the small plates option, and really not much to offer your children. The menu has become very pricey in general, with the less expensive items not very inspiring. Too bad. This was one of our favorite dinner destinations.
We are hoping they re-think that menu change because we probably won't be back there for dinner anytime soon. We did not see their new lunch menu.
In all we love the Wentworth. And maybe sometime soon, we will love Latitudes Restaurant again.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel New Castle
- Wentworth Sea Nh
- Marriott Hotel New Castle
- Marriott New Castle
- Wentworth Sea
- New Castle Marriott
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.